Shared by Dr. Silverman on the MSU NAfME page!
Good Morning Music Educators and Colleagues,
* Are you looking for Professional Development in Music Education this school year?
* Are you a classroom music or choral teacher looking for fresh and pedagogically practical ideas to increase and enhance your creative skills?
* Do you need PD to put toward your required hours?
* Are you looking for graduate or In-Service credits to put toward your lane movement for salary increase?
* Are you a secondary music educator or instrumental director who has recently been reassigned to teach elementary general music or chorus, looking for great resources that will ensure success in the classroom?
* Are you looking for additional artifacts and professional organizations for your year-end APPR portfolio?
If so, please consider joining LIAOSA, the Long Island Chapter of the American Orff-Schulwerk Association. LIAOSA is a local non-profit organization for music educators. We offer 7 workshops each year, allowing opportunities for you to learn from master teachers, network with local colleagues, and re-invigorate your teaching! We invite you to join us for an experience that will benefit both you and your students.
Package Membership ($90 prior to September 10 / $100 on or after September 10) includes all 7 workshops. You may also attend single workshops for a $25 per workshop fee.
There are many benefits to becoming a package member of LIAOSA, including:
* Admission to all 7 workshops
* Opportunities to apply for a scholarship toward Orff Teacher Education Levels courses offered at Hofstra University each summer
* Access to a comprehensive video library
* Ability to rent mallet and also non-pitched percussion instruments for use in your classroom between workshops
* Workshop Notes and Handouts provided for all workshops – even if you didn’t attend
* Opportunity to network with colleagues and learn from master teachers
* PD and In-Service Hours
* Excellent artifacts for APPR portfolio
Please click the links below for membership and workshop information:
Click here for the 2016-2017 LIAOSA Newsletter
Click here for the 2016-2017 LIAOSA Membership Form
Click here for the 2016-2017 LIAOSA Workshop Descriptions and Clinician Bios
Click Here for LIAOSA Graduate Credit Form
Click here for LIAOSA Instrument Lending Form
Click here for Hofstra NAB Map for LIAOSA Workshops
LIAOSA 2016-2017 Saturday Workshops
September 10, 2016
“Lost and Hidden Meanings in Children’s Folksongs”
September 24, 2016
October 15, 2016
“Hip Cats and Cool Kids”
December 10, 2016
“Singing, Saying, Dancing, Playing”
March 25, 2017
“Movement as a Basis for Musical Composition”
April 1, 2017
“Get Your Orff Groove On!”
May 6, 2017
“Inclusive Orff-Schulwerk for Every Child”
For detailed workshop descriptions, please click the link below:
Click here for the 2016-2017 LIAOSA Workshop Descriptions and Bios
Hofstra Movement Orff 1
♫ All 7 workshops are included in a package membership.
♫ Newcomers and people with Orff-Schulwerk experience are welcome!
♫ Workshops may be taken for In-Service or graduate credit.
♫ For more information, call Christina Schaefer, LIAOSA Vice-President at 631-848-7958
♫ Visit the LIAOSA website at: